Digital spring micrometers measure and record surface profile parameters using Testex Press-O-Film™ replica tape.
- Enhanced one-handed menu navigation
- Automatically subtracts the 50.8 μm (2 mil) incompressible film from all readings
- Minimizes inspector workload by reducing the number of replicas needed to ensure accuracy.
- See linearized peak height (HL)
- RESET feature instantly restores factory settings
- Solvent, acid, oil, water and dust resistant – weatherproof
- Rugged indoor/outdoor instrument – ideal for field or shop use
- Shock-absorbing, protective rubber holster with belt clip
- Two (2) year warranty on body AND probe
- Produces a more accurate peak-to-valley height measurement. See linearized peak height (HL)
- Certificate of Calibration (Long Form) showing traceability to PTB included
- Conforms to national and international standards including ISO 8503-5, ASTM D4417 Method C, NACE RP0287 and SSPC-PA17
- PosiTector body accepts all PosiTector RTR, SPG, 6000, 200, DPM, and UTG probes easily converting from a surface profile gage to a coating thickness gage, dew point meter or wall thickness gage
- Mils/Microns switchable
- Selectable display languages
- Flip display enables right-side-up viewing
- Uses alkaline or rechargeable batteries (built-in charger)
Optical Grade Press-O-Film Replica Tape
For improved optical resolution and to reduce optical artifacts, this special grade of replica tape is available for use with the PosiTector RTR-P. It provides better images, consistent peak density values and higher quality SDF surface data files than conventional Press-O-Film replica tape. It is available in both Coarse (C) and X-Coarse (XC).
Technical Article - Replica Tape: Unlocking Hidden Information